If you are experiencing a pain in the neck (in the literal sense of the phrase) that stubbornly refuses to go away, our orthopedic and neck pain doctors at OmniSpine Pain Management can help! Whether your neck pain is unexplained or caused by a known condition or injury, we can provide an accurate diagnosis of your pain and highly effective treatment to relieve pain, discomfort, and tension in your neck.
When should I go see a doctor for neck pain?
While neck pain will likely affect anyone from time to time due to normal factors, such as poor posture, looking down at a computer for extended periods, or sleeping in an awkward position, there are times when neck pain can be a sign of a concerning medical condition. With that in mind, you should consider seeing a doctor for neck pain if you are experiencing the following symptoms with your neck pain:
- Bowel or urinary incontinence
- Disrupted sleep due to the pain
- Inability to complete routine or daily activities due to the pain
- Neck pain that is accompanied by headaches, numbness, or tingling in any part of your body
- Pain that radiates down your arms or legs
- Pain that worsens or does not improve after several weeks despite taking self-care measures
Which treatments are available for neck pain?
There are numerous treatments available for neck pain, including both non-invasive treatments and surgical procedures. The type of treatment pursued in each case will vary according to the particular symptoms the patient is experiencing, how well they have responded to initial treatment interventions, and any pre-existing medical conditions that the patient has.
At OmniSpine Pain Management, our orthopedic and neck pain doctors can provide excellent medical attention to patients experiencing neck pain with the following treatments:
- Botox injections
- Cervical selective nerve root block (SNRB)
- Corticosteroid injections
- Electromyography (EMG)
- Epidural steroid injection (ESI)
- Facet joint injection
- Fluoroscopic or ultrasound-guided joint or spinal injections
- Medial branch block
- Nerve conduction studies
- Radiofrequency (RF) nerve ablation, also referred to as rhizotomy
- Stellate ganglion block
- Toradol injections
- Trigger point injections
How come my neck is vulnerable to neck pain and injury?
There are numerous possible reasons why your neck may be particularly vulnerable to neck pain and injury. Some of the potential reasons include any of the following:
- Congenital disorders, such as Klippel-Feil Syndrome (KFS)
- Damage to the neck in a previous neck injury
- Degenerative conditions, such as cervical degenerative disc disease, cervical spondylosis, cervical radiculopathy, osteoporosis, and other conditions that are caused by wear-and-tear in the neck joints, bones, nerves, and soft tissues
- Neurological conditions, such as cervicalgia
- Repetitive strain on the muscles, ligaments, tendons, bones, or joints in your neck
If you are finding that your neck seems particularly vulnerable to pain and injury, our orthopedic doctors at OmniSpine Pain Management would be happy to evaluate your neck pain or injury symptoms and provide you with an accurate diagnosis so that you can find the appropriate treatment for neck pain relief.
Is surgery necessary for neck pain?
Most of the time, surgery is not necessary for neck pain. At OmniSpine Pain Management, our orthopedic doctors prioritize minimally invasive and non-invasive treatments for patients before considering surgery as a viable treatment option. As such, surgery is not generally considered unless non-invasive or minimally invasive treatments have proven to be ineffective for improving the patient’s neck pain.
For more information about neck pain treatment or to schedule an appointment with one of our neck pain doctors at OmniSpine Pain Management, we would be pleased to hear from you! Please feel welcome to call us or schedule an appointment through our website. OmniSpine Pain Management has three clinics to serve you in Desoto, Frisco, and Mesquite, Texas. We serve patients from Mesquite TX, Frisco TX, Desoto TX, Dallas TX, Plano TX, Garland TX, Forney TX, Cedar Hill TX, and Denton TX.